COMPREHENSIVE EYE EXAMS
Our comprehensive eye exams go beyond evaluating and correcting your vision.
Your eyes are the window to your health, and can reveal diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure. Therefore, our exams focus not only on your vision, but the health of your eyes and other potential health issues.
There are five parts to our examination:
- History: A through history that includes the reason for the visit, current and past medical history, family history and current medications.
- Refraction: An assessment of your vision and a corrective prescription, if needed.
- Binocular Function: An evaluation of how well your eyes can focus.
- External and Internal Examination: A thorough look at the front and back part of the eye to make sure no disease is present.
- Diagnosis and Treatment: At Karwoski Family Vision, we take the time to go over the results of your exam, and educate you about any conditions present. Because we believe that education is the key to maintaining good health, we provide educational videos and brochures here in the office, and are available via email or telephone for any follow up concerns that arise after your scheduled appointment.
In our continued efforts to bring the most advanced technology to our patients, we also offer a retinal exam, where we take a picture of the back part of your eye. This helps us detect early signs if disease, and allows us to monitor certain conditions over time, such as glaucoma.
Contact your insurance provider or give us a call at (630) 480-2646 to determine if your insurance includes coverage for this additional exam.