COMPREHENSIVE EYE EXAMS
Our comprehensive eye exams go beyond evaluating and correcting your vision.
Your eyes are the window to your health, and can reveal diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure. Therefore, our exams focus not only on your vision, but the health of your eyes and other potential health issues.
There are five parts to our examination:
- History: A through history that includes the reason for the visit, current and past medical history, family history and current medications.
- Refraction: An assessment of your vision and a corrective prescription, if needed.
- Binocular Function: An evaluation of how well your eyes can focus.
- External and Internal Examination: A thorough look at the front and back part of the eye to make sure no disease is present.
- Diagnosis and Treatment: At Karwoski Family Vision, we take the time to go over the results of your exam, and educate you about any conditions present. Because we believe that education is the key to maintaining good health, we provide educational videos and brochures here in the office, and are available via email or telephone for any follow up concerns that arise after your scheduled appointment.
At Karwoski Family Vision, we offer retinal images that help look at the back part of the eye, the retina. This is a digital picture taken by our qualified technicians that helps the doctor find a problem before it has a chance to get worse. It gives you a better chance of protecting your vision. This digital picture helps rule out any eye diseases such as macular degeneration, diabetes, and/or glaucoma. Our doctor highly recommends to get this picture done.
**This retinal image is an elective procedure and not covered by insurance. The fee for this image is $39. Our doctor highly recommends this procedure.